IDC Prerequisites and what you will be qualified to do
To enroll in the PADI instructor development course:
· Certified as a PADI Divemaster or equivalent with another training agency.
· 100 logged dives
· Certified at the Open Water Scuba Diver level for at least 6months
· Have a PADI Medical Form signed by a doctor within the last 12 months
· Have EFR or CPR and First Aid from another agency within the last 24 months.
In addition you should spend time reviewing the materials from the Open Water, Advanced Open Water (especially the altitude and multi level/computer diver chapters), Rescue and Divcemaster.
Use our theory practice quizzes online and the encyclopedia of recreational diving to prepare for the written theory exams.
View our skill circuit video and try to get a practice session in before you arrive. If this is not possible you can that here, if you get here before the course starts.
After you have passed the PADI Instructor Exam
You are qualified to:
Teaching Status Open Water Scuba Instructors are authorized to teach the following PADI courses:
· PADI Scuba Diver/Open Water Diver
· Adventures in Diving Program (Adventure Diver/Advanced Open Water Diver)
· Rescue Diver
· Skin Diver and Discover Snorkeling
· Discover Scuba Diving
· PADI Seal Team and Bubblemaker
· ReActivate and Discover Local Diving
· Peak Performance Buoyancy
· Project AWARE Specialty
· AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation